The Pupil Premium was introduced in April 2011 and in 2012–13 individual schools were allocated funding for children from low-income families who were eligible for free school meals, looked after children and those from families with parents in the Armed Forces.
You can view or download our Pupil Premium allocation and find out how this has been used at our school.
- Benfieldside Pupil Premium Strategy 2019-2020
- Benfieldside Pupil Premium – Strategy (Review) 2018-2019
- Benfieldside Pupil Premium – Strategy Document 2018-2019
- Benfieldside Pupil Premium – Strategy with impact 2017-2018
- Benfieldside Pupil Premium – Strategy 2017-2018
- Benfieldside Pupil Premium 2016-2017
- Benfieldside Pupil Premium 2015-2016
- Benfieldside Pupil Premium 2014-2015
Pupil Premium Strategy Statement
This statement details our school’s use of pupil premium (and recovery premium for the 2021 to 2022 academic year) funding to help improve the attainment of our disadvantaged pupils. It outlines our pupil premium strategy, how we intend to spend the funding in this academic year and the effect that last year’s spending of pupil premium had within our school.
The Government is providing funding of £150 million per annum for academic years 2013/14 and 2014/15 to provide new, substantial primary school sport funding. This funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary school headteachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children. The sport funding can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
Through ‘Sport Premium’ the Government is providing money to support the delivery of PE and sport in primary schools. This funding is ring fenced, and allocated directly to primary schools across England, providing them with dedicated resource to buy in invaluable expertise and support. Primary schools are able to determine what they believe to be the most appropriate use of this funding.
The funding amount schools receive is based upon the number of children of primary age the school has. The sport premium is to be used to Increase the quality & breadth of PE & Sport provision, and increasing participation in PE & Sport.
At Benfieldside Primary School, we strive to promote healthy and active lifestyles and aim to provide sporting opportunities for all our pupils.
Swimming Data 2021
86% 2021 year 6 cohort could do each of the following:
- swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres
- use a range of strokes effectively
- perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations
You can view or download our Sports Premium allocation and find out how this has been used at our school.
- Benfieldside PE & Sports Premium – Evidencing the Impact 2021-2022
- Benfieldside PE & Sports Premium Funding – 2020 2021
- Benfieldside PE & Sports Premium 2019 2020
- Benfieldside PE & Sports Premium 2018-2019
- Benfieldside- PE & Sports Premium Funding 2018-2019
- Benfieldside PE & Sports Premium – Impact & Review 2017-2018
- Benfieldside Sports Premium 2017-2018
- Benfieldside Sports Premium 2016-2017
- Benfieldside Sports Premium 2015-2016
- Benfieldside Sports Premium 2014-2015
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.