This section of our website is focused on our Curriculum and provides an overview of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Framework and the Curriculum offer for children in Years 1 to 6. There are also sections on Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural (SMSC) Development, our approach to British Values and International Learning at Benfieldside Primary School.
In line with statutory requirements, the new curriculum was launched in September 2014, coinciding with the introduction of the new National Curriculum in England.
This information is intended to provide clarity and transparency to pupils and parents or carers about what to expect from remote education if local restrictions require entire cohorts (or bubbles) to remain at home. For details of what to expect where individual pupils are self-isolating, please see view or download the document below:
At Benfieldside Primary School we are committed to providing an exciting, creative, inclusive curriculum, underpinned by high quality teaching and learning, through which pupils of all abilities and starting points can make progress, achieve and succeed. You can view our Curriculum Policy which includes our approach to our curriculum and outlines our intent, implementation and impact.
We have provided a detailed overview of the curriculum for our children including Maths, English, Science and other subjects. View our curriculum in action by visiting the Our Classes section of our website.
You can view or download the Range of Writing information from Year 1 to Year 6 by clicking the links below:
You can help your child at home by downloading the following documents:
Curriculum Long Term Plans
- Early Years Curriculum Planner (Cycle A 2021)
- Early Years Curriculum Planner (Cycle B 2021)
- KS1 Long Term Plan 2021-2022
- LKS2 (Y3 & Y4) Long Term Plan 2021-2022
- KS2 (Y5 & Y6) Long Term Plan 2021-2022
- Early Years Curriculum Overview (Cycle A 2020)
- Early Years Curriculum Overview (Cycle B 2020)
- KS1 Long Term Plan 2020 2021
- KS2 (Y5 & Y6) Long Term Plans 2020-2021
- Early Years Curriculum Overview (Cycle A 2019)
- Early Years Curriculum Overview (Cycle B 2019)
- KS1 Long Term Plan 2019-2020
- KS2 (Y3 & Y4) Long Term Plans 2019-2020
- KS2 (Y5 & Y6) Long Term Plans 2019-2020
- KS2 (Y5 & Y6) Long Term Plans 2018-2019
Class Curriculum Plans
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
At Benfieldside Primary School, we believe that inclusive education means providing all pupils with appropriate education and support alongside their peers. The Curriculum is all the planned activities that the school organises in order to promote learning, personal growth and development. Further information can be found in the SEN Information Report If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.